Sunday 13 January 2013

Know Me Better #1


This weekly meme is hosted by Kathy from I Am A Reader, Not A Writer. Each week she will post 5 questions to answer and invites us to do the same. 


This weeks Questions:

Where is your favorite spot to read?
I tend to read late at night, tucked up in bed with my cat curled up next to me. However my favorite spot to read is outside under a tree during the summertime (usually with my dog drooling all over the pages).

Are you a fast or slow reader? (you can test your reading speed here)
Definitely a slow reader, which can be really frustrating since most of my family and friends read at twice the speed I do and I always miss out on discussing recent books. However I tend to read certain paragraphs that are entertaining or make me go " Oh no...THAT did NOT just happen!!" multiple times, so that doesn't really help.

Fanfition - Love it or Hate it? Have your ever read/written it?
I haven't really read any fan-fiction that I can remember. But I am keen to start reading it. I wouldn't mind writing some fan-fiction one day, but I'm not much of a writer.

Summer or Winter?
Whew, this is a hard one. Both seasons offer so many pros and cons. Winter is great because there's hot chocolate and cozy reading by the fire and you can just keep layering on clothes to keep you warm. Whereas there are only so many clothes you can take off in the summertime without getting arrested for indecent exposure. However summer means surfing and swimming and long lazy days reading while on holiday. So I'm split 50/50.

  Truth or Dare?
Truth, always truth. I'm an open book and don't mind spilling my own secrets, and am not easily embarrassed and I'm just too lazy to think of/participate in dares most of the time. 

It's your turn now! Share one or more answers to these questions in the comments or post on your own blog and link them up here!


7 comments:

  1. I just started following you :) Here's my blog if you wanna check it out: http://bookbunnysreviews.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Blog! I loved your review of 'Perfect Match' by Jodi Picoult.

      New Follower :)

      Delete
  2. I have the curiosity factor going. Where do you live where you can surf? California? Florida? Hawaii? Australia? I'm trying to picture a surfing spot that is cold enough in the winter for hot chocolate and fire places.

    New follower.

    Anne@ My Head is Full of Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm from New Zealand. So we're pretty much surrounded by water, which is great in the summer time. Winter is not normally too bad, mostly just wet and miserable. But there are those times a nice fire comes in handy :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, Thank-you so much. It's my second nomination :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I much prefer winter, simply because of what you said about not being able to take off any more clothes to avoid the heat. There's nothing you can really do to get cooler . . . other than going swimming or hiding inside.

    But in the winter, hiding inside is a comfort because you get the fire and the hot cocoa. And I think sledding and making snowmen are more fun than summer activities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately where I live in New Zealand we don't get snow in winter. So I don't get the joy of making snowmen (I obviously had a deprived childhood).

      But I agree,I also love the comfort of being inside during winter. Also winter weather is usually great at setting up the scene for books, especially if the wind is whistling through the trees etc.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...