Tuesday 13 August 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (6)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the amazing Broke And The Bookish.



Top Five Books set in Made-up Worlds


The Iron King- So this book featured a multitude of made up realms, including the Wyldewood where Meghan first enters the faery court, there is also both the Summer (Arcadia) and Winter(Tir Na Nog) courts and let’s not forget the Iron Realm (Mag Tuiredh).

Game of Thrones: I must admit I have not read the books, but within the series there is some amazing world building done by George R.R. Martin. Although the world he created has no official name, there are many areas in the world such as Kings Landing, Winterfell and wherever the Dothraki come from.

Alice in Wonderland: What would a Top Ten list be without a classic ofcourse. Lewis Carrols world building has been the inspiration of so many books, enough said.

The Sword of Truth: Was the first ‘real’ fantasy book I ever read, and it blew me away with its unique worldbuilding. Like Game of Thrones, the world doesn’t have an exact name but it’s split into varying territories, Midlands, Westland, and D’hara.

The Hunger Games: Panem is technically a post-apocalyptic world based on our own, but it still deserves a mention. 

5 comments:

  1. The Hunger Games makes my list this week too! Great list :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good list! Hunger Games of course fits perfectly and I enjoyed the books and movie. And Alice in Wonderland, very quirky but good selection. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I love the Iron Fey series, is one of my favorite ever!! THG is also amazing, although is quite scary :)

    Reading with ABC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alice in Wonderland made my fantasy list this week too. Great choice!

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved all of the books you have listed. I never had 10 on my list either so I did two lists :) you can check it out here if you like http://moniquesmobooks.blogspot.ca/2013/08/top-ten-tuesday-9-books-from-1516th.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...