Sunday 8 February 2015

Review- Saga Vol #3 (Brian K. Vaughn)


Saga, Volume 3 (Saga #13-18)

Synopsis


Volume 1: When two soldiers from opposite sides of a never-ending galactic war fall in love, they risk everything to bring a fragile new life into a dangerous old universe.  Saga is the sweeping tale of one young family fighting to find their place in the worlds. Fantasy and science fiction are wed like never before in this sexy, subversive drama for adults. 

Volume 2: Thanks to her star-crossed parents Marko and Alana, newborn baby Hazel has already survived lethal assassins, rampaging armies, and horrific monsters, but in the cold vastness of outer space, the little girl encounters her strangest adventure yet... grandparents. 
       
Volume 3: Searching for their literary hero, new parents Marko and Alana travel to a cosmic lighthouse on the planet Quietus, while the couple's multiple pursuers finally close in on their targets. 
Goodreads.com

My Review 


So this is only going to be a short mini review, but I just had to share my thoughts on the latest instalment of the Saga graphic novel series….essentially this is just going to be me raving about its awesomeness!

To start off this series got me into reading graphic novels, which I had never really been interested in. I mean how can someone fit a decent story line into 100 pages and with only a few paragraphs on each page?? Well Brian K. Vaughn surely proved me wrong. Saga has so much story, heart, adventure and humour bursting in its tiny package. The story itself is narrated by the two main protagonists daughter, who during the first 3 volumes of the series is still an infant. But the plot follows an array of characters, who are all very different with diverse purposes but whose stories all intertwine with each other’s.

This volume, had so many moments that got me right in the feels, and so many moments that just made me laugh out loud. The story is written so well and the graphics are stunning. I would highly suggest this series to anyone who….well actually everyone. EVERYONE should read this series! However be mindful of some of the adult content.

My rating: 5/5

Are you a fan of graphic novels? If so, have any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...