Monday 30 March 2015

Movie Monday (4)


Movie Monday  can be found here @ Mindful MusingsIt’s where  two of my favorite things come together: books...and movies! We've got everything from ideal castings for your favorite book to movie, recommendations based on the books you've read and liked. 

So this weeks Book Casting is..


Magic Bites

by Ilona Andrews

Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1)My Cast

This week I have stepped out of the YA genre for Movie Monday, and into the realm of Urban Fantasy. I felt like a bit of a change, but also these characters really stuck out for me and I could so easily visualize them. Hence, why they are featured this week.

Firstly we have Kate Daniels our heroine of the book. She reminds me a bit of Buffy (from Buffy the Vampire Slayer). She's a kick ass mercenary who lives life by her own rules. She's not afraid to bring the fight, and wields an awesome sword called 'Slayer'. She's definitely not someone you want to be getting mad. Eva Green totally gives off a 'Don't mess with me' vibe and I could see her fulfilling the role of Kate perfectly

Next we have Curran, Leader of the Free Beasts aka Pack Leader of the Atlanta shape-changers. Blonde haired with a roughed up edge. He can be intimidating, arrogant and pretty annoying when he wants to be. Especially when he's trying to get under Kate's skin. But despite this, the two work well together. His animal form is a Lion and with good self control he mostly keeps it leashed... unless necessary. Charlie Hunnam with his blonde hair and beard felt like the perfect fit.  



 If you've read the book, Who would you cast as these characters? I’d love to hear your thoughts (and see your pictures) Or link back with your own Movie Monday post with a book of your choosing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...