Friday 22 May 2015

Feature and Follow (19)


Here's this weeks question:

 

How do you write your reviews?

Ok, so this might sound strange, but I normally verbally talk about the book aloud as if I'm giving a presentation or making a youtube video (although I'm all alone in my room). I always feel like I'm able to get my main thoughts and feelings out that way, versus just sitting down at a computer to start typing. When I do that, I normally freeze and get writers block and don't know where to start. Whereas talking about the book aloud to myself the thoughts just flow haha.

As for the actual review, I guess I try and start off with a small summary of  my own. Then I usually talk about what I liked and disliked about the book, sometimes branching off into various categories like characters, world building, pace, plot etc. But to be honest I don't have a particular formula to my reviews, I just go with it...it may not be the most professional way of blogging. But as long as I'm having fun, I'm happy with it :)



Feature & Follow is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. The purpose is to meet new people and gain more followers in the book blogging community.

1 comment:

  1. I like talking things out loud -- sometimes, that's the only way you'll hear what sounds off or what can sound better. I think as long as you're having fun with things, that's the most important thing. I found you through Goodreads only to discover we do the same blog hop! Followd on Bloglovin'. Here's mine http://editingeverything.com/blog/2015/05/29/feature-friday-4-tbr-list/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...