Tuesday 2 June 2015

May Wrap-Up


Wow we are half way through the year!! It's gone so fast, I can't believe it, and with the beginning of June, I celebrated my 25th Birthday...bring on the quarter life crisis haha. But I digress, May was a pretty good reading month for me. Bout of Books helped me push through a few books, but there were also a few I didn't get to read that I had planned on.

Finished

Because of Low (Sea Breeze, #2)   The Sin Eater’s Daughter (The Sin Eater’s Daughter, #1) To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1) The Marriage Trap (Marriage to a Billionaire, #2)

Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 (Ouran High School Host Club, #1) Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 2 (Ouran High School Host Club, #2)

So this month during the Bout of Books Read-a-Thon, I started Ouran High-school Host Club, since I've really been enjoying the anime. I can't say it's my favorite Manga, but it's pretty good and the characters translate well on paper and screen. I also continued with the Seabreeze series by Abbie Glines with Because of Low, which was a quite cute read that had lots of sexual tension. Continuing on with the contemporary reads I read To All The Boys I've Loved Before which I had been wanting to read for such a long time and it did not disappoint. This month I thought I better get reading some books that contributed to the challenges I am participating in this year, so I read The Sin Eater's Daughter, which is a debut author and also fantasy. I had kind of mixed feelings on this book, but in the end it was quite enjoyable if you can make it through the slow start. Lastly, I finished the month off with the romance The Marriage Trap, the second in the series. It plays on the typical millionaire trope, but was a nice light read.

Up Next In June


For June, I think I'm going to try and catch up on a few series that I've started this year. First up is Magic Burns, the second book in the Kate Daniels series. If I can get my hands on it, P.S. I still Love You, will be a definite read for this month. I really enjoyed To All the Boys I've Loved Before and I need to know what happens next. In May, I meant to read Crash Into You, but unfortunately didn't get the time to get to it, so that's on my list for this month. 
 Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2) P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #2) Crash into You (Pushing the Limits, #3)
   

Other Favourites


So last month I became obsessed with Pinterest. I remember everyone talking about it ages ago, but I never really saw the appeal. But in the last couple weeks I have pinned an insane amount of things haha everything from clothes to hair to book related things, recipes and things that describe me in a nutshell. If you want to check it out my boards, click here.

So I also got Netflix last month and have spent alot of time watching new to me TV series. One of my faves this month is Blue Mountain State. It's a few years old, and is focused on College football. But unlike Friday Night Lights doesn't take itself too seriously and is reminiscent of American Pie if it were a TV show. This show is definitely not for the light hearted, there's lots of sex, drugs and cringe-worthy moments.

In regards to music I am in love with Lindsey Stirling. She is a violinist, and her music is all instrumental most of the time. But she has a modern flare and it's just amazing to listen too. I recommend you check her out if you want to hear some wicked talent, she also has amazing videos to go with her music.

 


What books did You read in the Month of May?  Which was your favorite? 

2 comments:

  1. Pinterest is really kind of amazing. I have to stay away from it unless I'm looking for something really specific because otherwise I'll spend WAY too much time there! Glad you had a great month!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know right! It's a great procrastination tool. I have wiled away many an hour on there, when I should be doing much more important things haha.
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...